We are Miami estate planning attorneys. As such, we do so much more than help our clients transfer their assets to their family at the time of their passing. While this is a critical function that we provide, perhaps, more importantly, we work with each of our clients to ensure that they are protected during their lifetime as well.
We create the legacy planning tools that they need during life, and this includes ensuring that their health care wishes are honored. These are essential services and we all need them, even if we are quarantined to our homes during this unprecedented pandemic.
We are closely monitoring the situation. Our goal is to both stay as safe as possible but also to be sure you have the protections that only Florida estate planning can provide. This means that we need to ensure that you have access to your attorney in our office at all times.
To facilitate this we have created COVID-19 procedures. They are designed to limit close interactions and also reduce the need for interactions. As of today, our office procedures are as follows:
- In order to keep signing time to a minimum, documents are sent to clients for review prior to signing to confirm that there are no further changes.
- Once confirmed, documents are formatted to new COVID-19 formatting which includes separating signatures to their own pages to keep clients, witnesses, and notaries from signing the same pages.
- The documents are then flagged for signing.
- For the appointment, clients are instructed to meet staff on the open/top floor of the parking garage and to remain in their vehicles.
- The staff wears protective gear. Protective gear is also supplied to the clients, should they need it.
- Once all documents are signed, witnessed, and notarized via their window, the clients are finished with their appointment. The signed documents are sent to the clients at a later date as a safety precaution.
We know these are new challenges that we need to overcome together. We are here to support you now, and in the future. Should you have any further questions or need any more details, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you as always!