Are you a senior adult with grown children? Are you wondering how to say “I love you” during the month of February, and especially on Valentine’s Day? Of course, the best way to convey how we feel is to say it and act with love on a daily basis. As you think of your future and the future of your children there are other ways you can show your family how much you love them.
Have you thought about estate planning as a powerful statement of your love to your family? Working with your experienced Florida estate planning attorney, you can create an estate plan thoughtfully and thoroughly and your family will not have to guess at your wishes. In addition, your family will not have to go through lengthy court procedures, challenges with creditors or be without an advocate when you are no longer here. We know it can be stressful to think about life after your death, but we also know that estate planning is critical to ensure that the sorrow your loved ones feel is not compounded by a crisis that could have been avoided.
This Valentine’s Day, do you want to really say “I love you?” We would then like you to consider these five ways to say “I Love You” with estate planning:
1. Be sure your family’s future is solid as a rock. You need to take steps now to limit the reach of creditors to your estate, maximize your assets and set guidelines to make sure your spouse is provided for in your absence and your children have the opportunity for all their education.
2. For your family, your planning will lessen conflict and even make it nonexistent. By making decisions and selecting decision makers now you can definitely limit the chances of arguments. This will, instead, allow your loved ones time to focus on dealing with their grief instead of wasting time fighting over what your wishes might have been.
3. There will be no uncertainty. Your estate planning will take the burden of responsibility off the shoulders of your family by making the tough choices now. It will be incredibly hard for your family members to make well-reasoned decisions during difficult emotional times
4. Remove all stress. Not only does your family benefit from your estate planning, you do as well. By making end of life decisions now you relieve your stress by alleviating the uncertainty that can come with end of life decision making. Most importantly, once your plan is in place you know that all of your end of life decisions are your own and not someone else’s.
5. Your family needs peace and with your estate planning you are telling them how much you love them. Knowing you have taken care of everything from health care decision making and finances to taxes and wealth transfer strategies, will mean everything to your family when the planning you have put in place needs to be implemented. Giving them peace of mind when it matters most is one of the best ways to say “I love you” to your family.
At the end of the day we know that estate planning is not just for you, it is also for the ones you love most. If we can answer any questions for you on putting this estate planning in place, please do not hesitate to let us know.
At the Perlin Estate Planning & Probate our credentials enable us to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to our legal services. By building relationships with our clients, we are also able to understand each client’s needs and desires, and we support such goals through thoughtful, comprehensive planning techniques. We encourage you to contact us and schedule a meeting.