Have you recently had a family member pass away in Florida? Is opening a probate going to be necessary? What exactly is probate? Probate is a court-supervised process for identifying and gathering the assets of a deceased person (the decedent), paying the decedent’s debts, and distributing the decedent’s assets to his or her beneficiaries. It is highly recommended that you find a qualified Florida probate attorney to help you navigate all the requirements of the probate. But, how do you choose a probate attorney and what should you look for? We can help.
Choosing a qualified Florida probate attorney is an important decision. Probate can be a complex process and having a good Florida probate attorney can ensure that your loved one’s estate is handled efficiently and in accordance with Florida laws. We have a few steps you can take to help you and your family choose an appropriate probate attorney in Florida:
- Do some research on probate attorneys: Be sure to look for attorneys who specialize in probate and have experience practicing in Florida. Check their websites and read reviews from previous clients.
- Checking the qualifications of your potential probate attorney is a must: Make sure the probate attorney you are considering is licensed to practice law in Florida and has the necessary qualifications to handle probate matters.
- Do not hesitate to ask for referrals: Ask friends, family, and other professionals for referrals to probate attorneys in Florida.
- Just schedule a consultation: Schedule a consultation with the potential Florida probate attorney to discuss the probate process and to determine if he is a good fit for you.
- Be sure you are comfortable with his communication style and approach: It is important that you feel comfortable communicating with the potential probate attorney and that you trust his approach.
- Do not hesitate to ask about fees: You need to be sure you understand the attorney’s fees and that they are acceptable to you and your family.
By following these steps and taking the time to find the right Florida probate attorney, you can rest assured that the probate process will run smoothly and that the estate will be handled efficiently and in accordance with Florida laws. Your qualified and experienced Florida probate attorney will also be sure that any disputes are resolved, all legal requirements are met, deadlines are met, and also that the legal rights of the beneficiaries and heirs are protected.
There is not doubt that choosing a qualified and experienced Florida probate attorney to help guide you through the legal process of settling the estate of a deceased person, including filing the necessary paperwork, handling any disputes that may arise, and ensuring that the assets of the estate are distributed according to the terms of the will or applicable state of Florida laws is vital. He can also advise you on tax matters related to the estate and provide legal representation if any issues come up in probate court. Hiring a qualified Florida probate attorney can help ensure that the probate process goes as smoothly as possible and that the final distribution of the estate is done correctly.
We know you may have questions about this, and many other, estate planning issues. At the Perlin Estate Planning & Probate our credentials enable us to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to our legal services. By building relationships with our clients, we are also able to understand each client’s needs and desires, and we support such goals through thoughtful, comprehensive planning techniques. We encourage you to contact us and schedule a meeting.